10.01.2024

I Wanted You Dead, and O' How I Dreamt of It

I wanted you dead, and O' how I dreamt of it
The wind of your last breath warm on my cheek
You are a blight, a scourge on my holy earth
Vile, pathetic, pitiful, weak

I wanted you dead, and O' how I dreamt of it
Cleansed of your curse as you fade off to sleep
"Mercy!" you cry, mercy I never show
But you keep on rising back up from the deep

I wanted you dead, and O' how I dreamt of it
Caught in some nightmare just watching you bleed
I followed the lessons taught by my past
And became the beast from which I was freed

In the light of the torch I brought to burn you alive
I see that you are me and I don’t want you to die
O, cavernous heart, what beauty could sleep in it
I want you to live, and O' how I dream of it

No comments: